Ryan Adnin Goh
MBa (Murdoch), Dip. Counselling
Digital & Business Strategy Specialist
I am a digital business strategist who values on-the-ground experience. With more than 10 years of experience in the digital business field with global project experience in collaborating with teams in more than 10 countries across 3 continents; Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific. I strive to continue attaining knowledge and skills from various digital business operational and consulting roles in Start-ups, SMEs and regional companies in multiple industries.
Experiences – Business
Three Bites Pte. Ltd.
Director of Operations & Founding Shareholder, 2013 – Present
About Three Bites Pte. Ltd.
Three Bites Pte. Ltd. and its brand, TechChronos, is part of a group of Singapore-India technology consulting, development and investment firms specialising in platforms with clientele internationally in Asia Pacific, Africa and Europe.
My Role in the Organisation
In-charge of sales operations strategy, managing of marketing and sales campaigns, monetisation strategy – pricing and cost structure, client up-sell and retention strategies. I also participate in business development and sales, leveraging on networking for partnerships, client acquisition and government collaborations. For larger projects, I collaborate as Lead Consultant with the technical managers/directors to perform business requirement scoping with clients, specifically in managing and strategising project costs and monetisation options for Clients Projects. As the director of operations I work with the accountants yearly to handle the firms’ financial reporting as well.
- Won the project as lead consultant for the firm, for developing shipping and land management systems for port authorities in Gabon, West Africa, co-jointly with an Africa focused maritime consulting firm
- Won the project as Lead consultant for developing trading platforms for a Singapore-based client to serve the international carbon credit markets
- Consulting and development of Augmented Reality Technology as a Creative Director for Nanoveu Pte. Ltd., a company related to A*Star’s commercialisation arm
- Agile Development Model
- Technical Writing & Communication
- Marketing & Sales Strategy and Management
- B2B Business Development and Sales
- Web Platform Applications
- Productivity Software
- Artificial Intelligence
- Search Engine Optimisation / Search Engine Marketing / Social Media Marketing
- Geolocation Technology / Maritime
- Workflow Process Enabling
ForBis Accounting Pte. Ltd.
Director Business Operations and Consulting & Shareholder, 2018 – Present
About the Company
Forbis Accounting is a Singapore based professional services firm, providing services including, corporate secretarial, accounting, filing, tax, business consulting, licensing application and training.
Currently responsible for new business development in consulting and training as well as digitalisation of the company, including strategising and implementing campaigns, plans and forging deals for growing the current services and consulting aspects of the business.
- Planned and launched digital marketing campaigns for the companies services, successfully securing additional clients since the 1st month of implementation
- Set up a pipeline of leads for consulting and training services
Pan African Logistics Ltd.
Group COO & Shareholder, 2013 – 2014
Pan African Logistics Ltd. operates a group of logistics firms in the East African Region (EAC) with its HQ in Rwanda and operations in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, D.R. Congo and other EAC states. The parent company is owned by a Singapore based investment firm.
Group Chief Operations Officer during the setup phase in the region, in-charge of acquisitions of distressed logistics companies to be absorbed by the group – including working with the finance & legal teams to perform due diligence and negotiations for acquisitions of companies, analysis of business activities to be retained and sold off accordingly to maximise profitability. After acquisitions, I coordinated the technology and training departments in order to implement technology solutions for the group (both hardware and software). I was also responsible for coordinating the finance, legal and human resources departments to generate business and staff performance analysis, reports and reviews yearly.
- Set the group of companies up to achieve profitability within 18 months
- Successfully managed acquisitions by implementing processes and structures to keep up employee engagement of staff from the acquired companies, resulting in a low employee turnover rate and cohesiveness between companies in the group
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Global Team Dynamics
- Operations Management & Strategy
- Logistics Technology
- Geolocation Technology
- Organisational Productivity Technology
Chai Fatt Motorsports., Business Manager, 2010 - 2012
Chai Fatt Motorsports is a motorcycle workshop that specialises in the customisation of motorcycles, procurement, restoration and resale of motorcycles, sales of motorcycle parts, accessories & products, repair and servicing of motorcycles.
Responsible for handling both online and offline marketing / sales for motorcycles & customisation services, liaising with accountants for filing and taxation, handling corporate (Business-to-business) client relations and apprenticed as a mechanic during the duration of my experience at the company.
- Digitalised the company – from an offline trading company to online via selling motorcycles and related services through websites, portals and advertisements on the internet
- Successfully secured deals for import of motorcycle parts from Indonesia, expanding the product offering range of the company
- Successfully secured for export of motorcycles to Indonesia, expanding the market reach of the company
- Small Enterprise Management
- Automotive Sales and Digital Marketing
- Regional Business Development
- Automotive Mechanical and Electrical Skills
Experiences – Consulting
Sindofarms Pte. Ltd.
Business Consultant, 2019 – Current
Sindofarms Pte. Ltd. is a social entrepreneurship venture with operations in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia focusing on agriculture, food distribution direct sales for F&B and other activities related to the food services sector, with the objective of enhancing food security.
- Leading the workflow Digitalisation Process of the Enterprise
- Consulting on Human Resources – Hiring and Retention Strategies
- Forging new business development strategies
- Sales HR management
- Digitalisation of small and medium enterprises
- Business Development
Bark a Tree Pte. Ltd.
Business Operations Consultant, 2017 – 2019
Bark a Tree Pte. Ltd. is a social entrepreneurship start-up in Singapore that focuses on a blend of e-commerce and physical location distribution channels for sales of pet products, food, events and activities. The company also fundraises for animal welfare causes.
Responsible for business strategy – providing the strategies for monetisation, including the various business models, management of cost and creation of new revenue channels. I also participated in their fundraising and supported the founders to successfully raise seed funding for the business.
- Successfully raised initial seed investment for the company
- Activities raised over 30,000 SGD for animal welfare causes in the 1st year of operations
- Achieved profitability after 1st year of operations via products and events
- Successfully developed event partnerships with malls such as Tanglin Mall and Bukit Panjang Plaza, and government bodies such as National Parks Singapore
- Planning and holding the first pets and owners camping event in Singapore.
- Social Enterprise Management
- Event Planning
- Venue negotiation
- Government Licensing and Regulation for Events
The Glamour Co Pte. Ltd.
Business Management Consultant, 2016 – 2018
The Glamour Co is a Singapore based beauty company providing make up, hairstyling, grooming and image consultancy services.
Responsible for business development and corporate relations with clients, monetisation – pricing structure / bundling of services, sales & marketing and technology implementation.
Nanoveu Pte. Ltd.
Design Consultant, 2015 – 2016
Nanoveu Pte. Ltd. is a 3D virtual and augmented reality company producing lenticular 3D hardware which was part of the A*Star commercialisation program as well as compatible 3D software.
While in Three Bites Pte. Ltd., I was seconded as a design consultant to the company on a retainer contract basis. I was in charge of working with the Chief Marketing Officer to strategise marketing collaterals including – videos, images, packaging. I also directly coordinated with the media and software teams to implement the plans, directly involved in the processes of creating the collaterals, which included 3D Stereoscopic media.
- Working with the media and software teams to successfully create the EyeFly3D mobile application which allows viewing of 3D media when paired with the lenticular hardware
- Ideating and coordinating with the media team to creating the packaging and promotional videos for the products
- Design and Copywriting
- Technical Writing & Communication
- Marketing Management
- 3D Technology
Master of Business Administration, MBa (Murdoch). Class of 2019
Master’s of business administration (MBA) with Murdoch University’s Singapore Campus. The MBA coursework has been enriching and has allowed me to further my knowledge in Business Administration and Management including:
- Employee engagement
- Organisational behaviour
- Management accounting
- Business finance
- Strategic marketing
- Growth strategies
- Global business
- Corporate social and environmental concerns
Kaplan Institute of Higher Education
Diploma in Counselling. Class of 2013
Completed my studies in counselling and crisis management to further my learning about human behaviour and psyche. Other learning included psychotherapy theories and practicum such as:
- Career Counselling
- Counselling Ethics
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict Management
- Counselling Skills
- Counselling Theories
- Foundation Psychology
- Group Counselling
Temasek Academy & Temasek Junior College
Cambridge ‘A’ Levels. Class of 2009
High school and pre-university education with Temasek Junior College & Temasek Academy, as the pioneering batch of Integrated Programme students representing the top 5% of pre-university students in Singapore.
British Council, 2005 to 2006
Certificate – English Proficiency (High Distinction). Class of 2016
Studied English at the British Council Singapore, as a part of my course in the integrated program achieving a high distinction certificate for English Proficiency.
Other – Certificates & Executive Programs
Blockchain Innovation Strategy Program (Certificate), Nanyang Technological University 2018
An executive program for business leaders to understand blockchain theories and use cases for implementation in their respective fields.
Business Administration - Management & Strategy
From my operational experience as a director of operations and a chief operations officer, performing strategy and implementation roles in a wide range of fields, I have acquired knowledge in business management and strategy in operational and financial aspects of a business.
Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking
From multiple years of experience both in Strategy and Implementation in multiple fields, I have developed strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills which I have managed to adapt and appropriate to different industries to solve complex systemic and implementation problems.
Technology Strategy and Implementation
From participating in technology projects with Three Bites Pte. Ltd. and digitisation of other companies, I have learnt to understand technology stacks, their limitations and use-cases for implementation, gaining skills in technology strategy and implementation.
Knowledge gained across multiple domains by working on projects from various domains, leveraging on teaming with my network of collaborators with various skillsets and specialities in different industries, domains and sectors.
Clubs & Societies
Co-opt Executive Committee, Singapore Technology Federation (SGTech), Smart Nation Chapter, 2018 - Present
The Smart Nation Chapter for SGTech aims to provide its members with market access and potential partnership collaboration opportunities in the Smart Cities / Nation space, focusing on Internet-of-Things, Sensors, Platforms and Analytics. Joined the executive committee as a co-opt member to steer the direction of the chapter.
Volunteer & Charitable Activities
Volunteer, Hope for Animals, 2017 - 2018
Volunteered to assist in managing events – including donation drives, carwashes, fundraisers and other activities for an animal welfare group.
Volunteer, Toastmasters: Prison Service, 2012
Volunteered to teach weekly lessons on speech craft to prisoners in Singapore Prisons Service to enable them to perform better at job interviews after their release
Volunteer, Alzheimer’s Disease Association, 2012
Performing music for the elderly with Alzheimer’s disease
Mentor, Inaugural Batam Polytechnic Hackathon, 2017
Mentored a team of budding developers and designers in a Hackathon competition hosted by the Indonesian government and Singapore’s Economic Development Board in Batam polytechnic in Indonesia.
Actor, INRI studios, 2012
Acted in the indie film from Local Director: Tzang Mervyn Wong, Faeryville (Demo)
Collection and restoration of vintage timepieces, building timepieces out of up-cycled scrap movements.
Hiking, Cycling & Kayaking – both in Singapore and overseas